Saturday 12 April 2014

Anime Review: Jungle De Ikou

I was once a man of sound mind, a man of clarity, but now my mind is filled with sorrow after watching just one episode of... of... oh god... it's name is the stuff of nightmares... Jungle De Ikou!




Jungle De Ikou is a 3 episode anime that somehow got past the sensors. I'll explain later. The story is centered around Natsumi, a 10 year old schoolgirl in japan who gains the power of Mii.

No not that Mii, but anyway she's a well endowed fertility goddess who has to save the world from a god of ruin. Yes a 10 year old girl turns into a busty goddess, trust me when I say this, you have no idea what pain you are about to endure. I know I wasn't prepared. Natsumi has to save the world from Ongo, an evil wood spirit who throughout the series, though this is pure guessing as I couldn't bare going past episode one, looks like this.
But who gives Natsumi her powers, well after accidentally breaking the seal when she removes a set of earrings from a small statue, Ahem the god of earth gives her said powers and this is where the creepy begins, this is Ahem.
Creeped out yet, well considering this freak appears to Natsumi in her sleep, IN OTHER WORDS, A MOSTLY NAKED OLD MAN WITH A CLEAR FUCKING BONER APPEARS TO A 10 YEAR OLD GIRL IN HER SLEEP!

Oh and if that premise isn't bad enough, this show has an obsession with panty shots, which is in a lot of anime, you deal with it, but NOT WHEN IT'S A TEN YEAR OLD FUCKING GIRL! I NEED AN ADULT! I mean come this lingers for I swear at least a minute. Seriously you're making me do this, you're gonna make me say this, you made me question Anime, seriously as a form of art it has many many forms, but this show makes me ashamed to like Anime, and yes a lot of shows I could say that about, but this, this show made me feel unclean, it's like if you're a huge fan of Chris Brown and you dedicated all your time and money to his fandom and then he goes and beats the crap out of Rihanna, oh wait that happened, but you see my point. This show is just wretched, and I haven't even gotten to the transformation. It's a dance and trust me, I cannot possibly explain how wrong this is. Look I'm going to put up a video, watch if you dare,   but be prepared to feel dirty:

Yes, you heard that. Once again 10. Now I know the legal age in Japan is lower than here, well here's the thing, it's 13, and while that's kinda fucked up, I'm not here to yell at the laws of another country, but this kid is FUCKING 10. Okay this show spends a lot of time showing off her adult form as well, whose um well...

Need I say more. But honestly does it matter, this anime goes into plain creepy and I have a strong feeling that's it probably racist as well, at least it feels that it is. This show really isn't a good start to what I wanted to do, I wanted to introduce more obscure anime to people as well as concentrate on big hitters, but this makes it so hard to do, I'm The Joel MH and I need Alcohol, I'm going to drink to forget.





No comments:

Post a Comment