Sunday 8 December 2013

My Best and Worst Starter Pokemon!

Starter Pokemon, where would be without them, well we'd still be stuck in the first town unable to travel, I'm The JoelMH and this is the best and worst starter Pokemon throughout the main 6 generations and no I'm not counting Pokemon Yellow or the spin offs. How this works will be based on the 3 core types, so there will be best and worst fire, best and worst grass and best and worst water. So let's start with the best and by the way, this is strictly my opinion so suck it.



BEST GRASS
BULBASAUR LINE
The original Grass starter and the best. As much as I love Meganium, Venusaur has the poison back up which deals with the bug weakness and to be honest it's Mega Evolution is kickass.
Now, I'm not a huge fan of Grass types hence why I did it first, but compared to the other grass starters is easily the best designed as well.

BEST FIRE

TORCHIC LINE
What you were expecting Charmander's line weren't you, hell no, I love Charizard, don't get me wrong, I really do, but the best, no, everyone thinks he/she is on one simple ground, it looks like a dragon, well that and the trading card game making it so overpowered, no the best is the Torchic Line. Developing the fighting type when it evolves from it's chicklet form, Torchic, which people overlooked at first, becomes a kung fu chicken master. Also it's ability can be different from the usual starter ability and can have speed boost, an ability that makes it faster every turn, making this baby take down it's foes like Bruce Lee. And if that's not enough it's Mega Form, Mega Blaziken, well...
 Check him/her out, this baby looks awesome, rocking it's head feathers which remind me of the helmet of a norse god, armour helmet you bastards and now rocking red and black and did I mention it's downright monsterous power increase. Blaziken you rock!

BEST WATER
FROAKIE LINE
The Newest starters in X/Y, what else can I say but FROG NINJAS!. When it reaches it's final form it develops a second typing in the form of Dark and learns the move Water Shuriken, this move ALWAYS goes first and can hit up to 5 times. Also this become can have a different ability like Blaziken except in Greninja's case,it's Protean, an ability that changes the pokemon's type to any move it uses, for example teach Greninja Acrobatics and while that move is in use, it's a flying type which allows you to get around type advantages quite easily. Plus, it's scarf, yeah that it's tongue.

WORST GRASS


TREECKO LINE
Oh god, how much I hate these three, for one when evolving them at their natural levels they learn all of 2 grass moves on Ruby and Sapphire, both of which are terrible, no this thing learns way more normal moves than grass to beyond a joke and yet this monstrosity has a fanbase, how, it's terrible.

WORST FIRE


CYNDAQUIL LINE
Sweet Jesus, you weren't expecting this were you, no, well despite all the Blaziken clones in gen 4 and 5, by the way I like Infernape, at least they don't completely suck in battle. I have never known any other fire starter to fail as much as Typhlosion, oh it brought a new fire move into the series, behold the majesty of Flame Wheel. 100% suckage!

WORST WATER
PIPLUP LINE
Now let me explain the Piplup line isn't bad, in fact apart from the best choice and Blastoise, they are usually painfully average. I only like Oshawatt for it's basic cute form, everybody loves Mudkip, which leaves feraligator or empeleon, and one of them is a awesome looking gator which means Piplup is the worst for not really having anything to make it stand out rather than being bad. So for the full list of starters, starting from the top is the best and lowest is the worst:

So which is the best set of starters, which generation comes out on top, well if the best can be given 5 points, the second best 4, third 3 and onwards to the worst with 0 points, we reach:
Gen 1 comes out on top, closely followed by the newest generation, 6.

So, now I bet you're wondering, what's with all the pokemon stuff, are you out of games to review, trust me, I'm not, hell here's what's going to be next once I've finished playing it:

So you can imagine what might be said about this one, I'm The JoelMH, signing off.

8 comments:

  1. This is more opinion wise than competitive also Chickorita is the worst starter ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNIVY IS BETTER THAN ALL 23 OTHER STARTERS. IF YOU DISAGREE THAN YOU SUCK

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU DONT SUCK ONLY YOUR OPINION SUCKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. EMPOLEON RESISTS 15 TYPES THIS IS TOTALLY OPINION

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope it’s just 100% design and favouritism based so I guess it would be better as a favourites list

    ReplyDelete