Wednesday 24 June 2015

Movie Rants: Star Trek Insurrection


Odd numbered Star Trek movies, boy do they suck, Star Trek 1, goddamn slow, Star Trek 3... was alright, I mean Christopher Lloyd is a klingon, I like that movie, Star Trek 5, cat woman titties and naked Uhura fan dance and at her age during that film...
Generations, let's team up Kirk and Picard for about 5 minutes and have Kirk killed and then there's Insurrection, while the others were bad, this one brings my piss to a boil.
So the enterprise is sent to a planet that is the home of the Bak'u, or as I like to call them immortal space amish. Anyway Data seems to have malfunctioned and Picard and company go to the planet to capture him and end up in a federation conspiracy to move the Bak'u from their planet. Why? Because the planet has healing properties and could be used to save lives and the Bak'u won't let anyone down onto the planet.
But here's the thing, the federation was currently at war with the dominion and LOSING BADLY! and if the federation lost, the dominion would turn up to this planet and murder the Bak'u and take the planet for themselves but oh the federation are bad in this, stand up for them Picard.
So we're weighing 600 people against the entire federation, hundreds of planets with billions of people each... um, the villains are in the right on this Picard, I mean you're the head of the CIA you've done worse.
And besides I kind of remember one episode of next generation called Journey's end, revolving around a group of space native americans where you FORCEFULLY RELOCATED THEM!
Oh there are evil guys who are using the federation in this yeah, but they feel so lazily written in, but ultimately it boils down to, Damn the federation for making sacrifices to protect the Alpha Quadrant from enslavement and destruction, damn them all to hell.
Oh but we do get to see Worf get acne.
Wow, I can finally sleep at night knowing that yes indeed Klingons get pimples, though I am still waiting on the afterschool special where Major Kira gets an STD. I'd say fuck this movie, but I will let Picard give you my opinion on this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment